Save money without
Cremation services provided at the most affordable price in the Decatur community.
Moran & Goebel Funeral Home and Cremation Services provides families with affordable direct cremation plans that include complete, full-service care.
Our direct cremation plans offer*:
- Veterans Cremation Services from $790: Honorably discharged veterans can pay as little as $790 for cremation services, which includes a special $200 veterans discount.** See veteran cremation packages and pricing.
- "No Frills" Value Cremation Services from $990: Get complete care at the lowest price in the area with no hidden fees to worry about later. See cremation packages and pricing.
- 100% Service Guarantee: Should you experience any service-related issues, we will work quickly to correct the issue or refund 100% of your money for that service.
- Around-the-Clock Care: We stand behind our commitment to serve families day or night, 24 hours a day--and we never outsource care. We even file all required paperwork for you.
- Onsite Crematory + Cremation Experts: Your loved one stays within the care of our certified cremation experts where they are treated with dignity and respect from the moment we receive them until they are returned to you or laid to rest with one of our many cremation memorialization options within our two cemeteries.
- Best Funeral Home & Crematory in Macon County: We have been serving families in the Decatur area for almost 130 years and the community has spoken: we were voted Best Funeral Home & Crematory by Readers Choice in 2021, and stand as the most trusted funeral home, crematory and cemetery in Macon County for the last decade.
- Private Gathering & Viewing Room: Say good-bye in the only crematory in Macon County with a private gathering room. For those who wish, you can be present at the beginning of the cremation process.
- Variety of Unique Cremation Placement Options: Select from a variety of unique cremation placement options you won't find anywhere else in the area: from beautiful glass front niches in our climate-controlled mausoleum to natural nature walk options settled in our peaceful wooded trail.
3 Simple Steps to Cremation
Call (217) 615-0792 for immediate, guaranteed pricing.
With simple and competitive pricing, you'll have a price within 5 minutes.
Schedule transportation at your convenience.
We will pick up your loved one at a time that works best for you. Provide us with a time, date and place for our team to collect and transport your loved one to our crematory.
Have your loved one's urn returned to you.
We will deliver the cremated remains to you in a pre-selected urn or in a simple container, depending on your wishes.
Top 5 Questions to Consider
- With us, they remain in our care – from the beginning to the end. Our staff is trained and certified to perform all cremations at our crematory. This isn't the case with most discount cremation providers who contract cremation services to third parties.
- A low price doesn't mean a lower level of care with us. We treat everyone in our care with the honor and respect they deserve. Even with direct cremation, the families we serve are given time to view the body before cremation if they wish. This is often not the case with discount cremation providers. Most discount cremation companies deal in volume, where personalized care and special requests aren't an option.
- Not with us. Our simple pricing covers all costs. Plus, we can work out payment plans for pre-arranged services and we accept insurance policies as a form of payment. While most discount cremation providers state that their price is guaranteed, it's extremely important that you fully understand the contract and what's included with the cremation, the fine print of the contract, and the payment structure.
- While having a memorial service may be far from your mind right now, in the days or months after the cremation you may decide to have a service to honor your loved one. Find out upfront what the options are for everything from holding a service to purchasing an urn to securing a final resting place for your loved one's ashes. Because we provide complete care at our location, all of these options, and more, are available to you when you're ready.
- When a loved one dies, details can be forgotten or never even asked. Find out how you can get in contact with them — day or night — to ensure your peace of mind throughout the process. With us you'll have direct, around-the-clock access to our team. We'll know your family, we'll know your loved one and we'll be able to guide you through this time.
* Direct cremation packages include the coroner's report. Certified copies of the death certificate and taxes are not included. **Veteran's must be honorably discharged and provide their DD214. Discount not applicable to merchandise. Additional restrictions may apply. Ask for complete details.
Contact us today to learn more about our affordable cremation options.
Your information was submitted successfully
Thank you for taking the time to complete this form.
An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again.